Sebastian Winkels, (*1968 in Kleve/Germany) graduated in cinematography from „Konrad Wolf“ Film University (Potsdam-Babelsberg). He lives in Berlin and has worked as a freelance director and editing coach. His documentaries and short films received numerous awards and have been screened at major festivals such as Venice, Rotterdam, San Francisco, Nyon, Melbourne, Leipzig and Berlin.
Besides filmmaking, Sebastian Winkels teaches at film schools and universities (i.e. HFF München) and develops creative documentary training programs. He has been working as a workshop tutor in various countries since 2005.
- 2017 – Talking Money, 85 min
- 2015 – My Beautiful Life (Don’t Swallow Everything), 86 min
- 2006 – 3 Island Diaries, 30 min
- 2003 – 7 Brothers, 86 min
- 2002 – Inside-Outside-Mongolia, 21 min
- 2000 – Hase & Igel, 6 min
- 1998 – Volles Rohr, 29 min